[computer-go] Just for fun

I wanted to estimate the strength of my program as it plays on KGS,
but KGS doesn't do rated games on 9x9 boards.  However I can get a
rough estimate by processing the sgf files that KGS provides for my
player.

So I threw out all the game results from unrated players and I get the
following table:

  Rank   Win ratio      num games
-------  ---------     ----------
   3k      0.00000       1 games
   4k      0.00000       1 games
  10k      0.00000       1 games
  11k      0.00000       2 games
  12k      0.25000       4 games
  13k      1.00000       2 games
  14k      0.00000       1 games
  15k      0.50000       2 games
  17k      0.50000       2 games
  18k      0.66667       3 games
  19k      1.00000       1 games
  21k      1.00000       1 games
  22k      1.00000       1 games
  24k      1.00000       1 games
  25k      1.00000       2 games
  26k      1.00000       3 games
  28k      0.50000       2 games

Not much data, but the chart would indicate that my program is
competing well with players over 16k, and not so well with players
under 16k.  That would imply something near 16k.

The sgf files KGS produces have ratings even if the player just
estimated the ratings themselves, so I take this with a grain of salt.
Also, the games are not played seriously by players when they are
unrated.  (I watched one player easily beat my program but lose on
purpose, probably just to study my program and see what it would do.)

So all things considered, I am revising my estimate to be around 18k.
I will know more when a lot more games have been played.

- Don