Re: [computer-go] Mass estimation of game results?

> I know that I face a rather large risk of being wrong, but my rationale
> is that if the game is so one-sided that the player decided to resign,
> it will probably be a dramatic enough position for GnuGo to pick it up.
> Besides, all it has to do in those cases is choose between B or W,

I think you will need to be cautious with the resigns (perhaps add
C[gnugo guessed resign] so you can catch them easily later). The reason
is that most resigns happen due to a large life/death battle. 10 kyus
may play it out to a point where gnugo will understand most of the time,
but dan players will leave the position looking very unstable and
complicated to a weaker player.

On the other hand, if you think the game was a resign then the winning
player was the person who made the last move :-). So if that correlates
with gnugo's guess it is more reliable.

Darren