Re: [computer-go] Mass estimation of game results?

Arend wrote:

> You could ask GNU Go to generate a move, and then find out (e.g. via
> top_moves) about it's value. If the move was pass, or it's value less
> than 0.5 or so, the game should have ended.

As Darren Cook correctly pointed out if game is not over by this
criterion, usually the person who made the last move on the board would
be the winner, since you resign on your move. If this is confirmed by
the program's estimation of the score, then you could accept the result.

Occasionally on the servers someone will resign on their opponent's move,
but this is not very usual.

Daniel Bump