Re: [computer-go] Automatic acquisition of syntactic structures

I don't know if you are proficient in this area but I'd like some advice on finding references, books, tutorials about Syntactic Pattern Recognition. It's being difficult to me to find material to read and almost all books date from the 70's and are hard to find. What happened with this area of AI research?

Thanks.

Bob Myers escribió:

I wonder if any computer go researchers have seen this paper

http://www.tau.ac.il/~zsolan/papers/soletalb2002.pdf

entitled "Automatic acquisition and efficient representation of syntactic structures", and claiming to be an algorithm for learning "sequences", not only language-based but also "sheet music or protein sequences".

Thoughts?

--
Bob Myers