RE: [computer-go] Wishlist for playing programs on KGS

i love being able to hear user text, and being able to answer, but as far as
logging off problem is concerned this has a feeling of a dirty hack added
last minute under time pressure then a real fix. instead of adding a new
command for this purpose we try to use the fact that there's a command, used
for something else, that for some users can be used for telling the game has
ended.  i do not allow undo's so for me it is not a fix at all.
additionally, the mechanism assumes i have a java computer with
windows/xwindows ready, and that i want to stop playing now, and not some
time in the future. all in all i do not see how can this be claimed to be
more flexible then a specialized command. (in fact the chatting mechanism
has nothing to do with game-end problem - i can tell my program i want to
stop playing in any number of ways, without the chatting thing. the proposed
fix to end playing problem is 'stop disallowing undos, log-off when you get
clear_board [or simply wait for time_settings, or board_size, or
game_rules]).

so in one word chatting mechnism is cool and would be great to have, but my
feeling is that the problem of logging off is not proposed to be solved at
all.

regards
  mike bazynski