Re: [computer-go] Super Ko on KGS ignores player to move

I am interested too.

The misconception that most of us have is that Go is a single game.

In fact, it is a class of games with similar rules.   The Go community (in
general) has no real desire to fix this (and probably doesn't consider it
broken.)

And obviously, the Computer Go community has no desire to change, fix or
improve this situation, even for their own use.

It almost amuses me that we can't even come to agreement on what the actual
rule IS, let alone what it should be.

When I first got into this,  from a newby standpoint,  I was completely
confused by so many rulesets.   I came real close to not getting into this at
all until I happened upon a web site that published the TROMP/TAYLOR set of
rules.   It was like a breath of fresh air.   I believe at the top of the
page is said something like "The logical rules" or something similar.

Wow!  Suddenly it made so much sense.   At the time I thought this will become
the standard because it was so logical.

What a disappointment to find that the computer GO world isn't logical.

- Don