Re: [computer-go] Groups, liberties, and such

Is there a link available to a discussion of the algorithm?  If I build
the documentation for tesujigolibrary, will it describe the
implementation in detail or will it just API documentation?

Mark Boon wrote:
About a year ago I started a discussion in this group what it would take to make something that keeps liberties of chains and update them incrementally after every move as efficiently as possible. An implementation in Java ended up in the library I mentioned. Gnu Go has something similar in C I believe. Liberties are too important a concept in go to use any method to estimate them. Moreover, it's not that expensive to calculate compared to any other known method. (At least that I know of.)